airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Airflow 1.8.0 Alpha 1
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 20:52:06 GMT
Dear All,

On the verge of the New Year, I decided to be a little bit cheeky and to make available an
Airflow 1.8.0 Alpha 1. We have been talking about it for a long time now and by doing this
I wanted bootstrap the process. It should by no means be considered an Apache release yet.
This is for testing purposes in the dev community around Airflow, nothing else.

The build is exactly the same as the state of master (git 410736d) plus the change to version
“1.8.0.alpha1” in version.py.

I am dedicating quite some time next week and beyond to get a release out. Hopefully we can
get some help with testing, changelog etc. To make this possible I would like to propose a
freeze to adding new features for at least two weeks - say until Jan 15.

You can find the tar here: http://people.apache.org/~bolke/ <http://people.apache.org/~bolke/>
. It isn’t signed. Following versions will be. SHA is available.

Lastly, Alpha 1 does not have the fix for retries yet. So we will get an Alpha 2 :-). @Max
/ @Dan / @Paul: a potential fix is in https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1948
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1948> , but your feedback is required
as it is entrenched in new processing code that you are running in production afaik - so I
wonder what happens in your fork.

Happy New Year!

Bolke