airflow-dev mailing list archives

From siddharth anand <san...@apache.org>
Subject Reminder to all Committers/Maintainers!
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:20:35 GMT
Today is the 6-week deadline to close or reduce our Cold Case PR (Pull
Request) backlog.

6 weeks ago today, we had 110+ open pull requests (PRs) -- right now, we
have 47.

<goog_1372310674>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Cold-Case+PR+Resolution

Having so many open PRs is a case of broken window syndrome : by getting
accustomed to having many open PRs, we risk sinking into a complacent state
of ignoring PRs for indefinite periods of time.

Any committers that have PRs next to their name in the wiki above, please
reach a resolution state by the end of the day.

Ideally, we should be operating in a 2-week turn around time on PRs. Also,
I really appreciated how the (non-maintainer) community has stepped up to
review PRs as well. It's actually been a huge accelerant in getting PRs
into a good state. Keep it up! That sort of commitment is what we look for
in future maintainers.

-s