airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Feature Request
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 22:04:12 GMT
It is nice, but probably not so simple. Every hook would need to incorporate a “test” function.

> Op 23 nov. 2016, om 21:28 heeft siddharth anand <sanand@apache.org> het volgende
geschreven:

> Folks!
> Here's a nice (simple) feature request if someone would like to implement it and file
a PR.

> On the Admin-->Connections page, you are add a connection. But how do you know if
it works? How about adding a "Test Connection" button on the edit page to test if the parameters
you have specified are valid. You might be able to also issue a test query from the edit screen.

> Currently, we don't validate the connections in terms of testing them because we have
some default ones (as examples). In the future, we might want to consider removing those example
connections or hiding them behind a config param similar to load_examples, which is used to
load the example dags into the Web app.