airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Maycock, Luke" <luke.mayc...@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
Subject Airflow Releases
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:08:18 GMT
Airflow Developers,

We were looking at writing a workflow framework in Python when we found Airflow. We have carried
out some proof of concept work for using Airflow and wish to continue using it as it comes
with lots of great features out-of-the-box.

We have created our own fork here:

https://github.com/owlabs/incubator-airflow

So far, the only thing we have committed back to the main repository is the following fix
to the mssql_hook:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1626

Among other types of tasks, we wish to be able to run mssql tasks using Airflow. In order
to do so, the above and below fixes are required:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1458<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1458/commits/e7e655fde3c29742149d047028cbb21aecba86ed>

We have created a Chef cookbook for configuring VMs with Airflow and its prerequisites. As
part of this cookbook, we are installing the latest release of Airflow. However, it appears
that the latest release does not have the aforementioned fixes.

Do you know when the next release of Airflow is expected? Is there anything we can do to help
get the next release in place?

Luke Maycock
OLIVER WYMAN
luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message
and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.