airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Maycock, Luke" <luke.mayc...@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
Subject Re: Airflow Releases
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:59:34 GMT
Hi Chris,

We are currently running master in our environment and we'll be sure to report any issues.

Do you know when the 1.8 release is due?

Cheers,

Luke Maycock
OLIVER WYMAN
luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

________________________________
From: Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
Sent: 29 September 2016 18:14:02
To: dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Airflow Releases

Hey Luke,

> Is there anything we can do to help get the next release in place?

One thing that would definitely help is running master somewhere in
your environment, and reporting any issues that see. Over the next few
weeks, AirBNB and a few other folks will be doing the same in an
effort to harden the 1.8 release.

Cheers,
Chris

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Maycock, Luke
<luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com> wrote:
> Airflow Developers,
>

> We were looking at writing a workflow framework in Python when we found Airflow. We have
carried out some proof of concept work for using Airflow and wish to continue using it as
it comes with lots of great features out-of-the-box.

> We have created our own fork here:
>
> https://github.com/owlabs/incubator-airflow
>

> So far, the only thing we have committed back to the main repository is the following
fix to the mssql_hook:

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1626
>

> Among other types of tasks, we wish to be able to run mssql tasks using Airflow. In order
to do so, the above and below fixes are required:

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1458<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1458/commits/e7e655fde3c29742149d047028cbb21aecba86ed>
>

> We have created a Chef cookbook for configuring VMs with Airflow and its prerequisites.
As part of this cookbook, we are installing the latest release of Airflow. However, it appears
that the latest release does not have the aforementioned fixes.

> Do you know when the next release of Airflow is expected? Is there anything we can do
to help get the next release in place?

> Luke Maycock
> OLIVER WYMAN
> luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
> www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

> This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message
and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.