airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremiah Lowin <jlo...@apache.org>
Subject A question for the Airflow community
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 18:08:37 GMT
Dear all --

Thanks for being part of the Airflow community! We are all deeply
appreciative of your involvement in this project, your willingness to ask
questions, point out problems, and (especially) build solutions.

I'd like to ask you all a question in turn: what do you know now that you
wish you knew when you first deployed Airflow? In other words, what made
you do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ99s4Ywnw

This is intentionally very open-ended and I hope many of you will respond,
even if it's just a few words on a pain point you encountered that wasn't
quite big enough to deserve a JIRA issue (but please note if you don't open
an issue, it's not getting fixed ;) Here's the link if you need it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW/).

We will use your feedback to figure out not only what could be better
communicated, but also the best format for doing so. We want to make it
easier to mold Airflow to every user's unique environment. That might
involve improving the documentation; making better use of the wiki to store
knowledge; or creating a blog to present more narrative-driven examples,
use cases, and news.

Thanks so much!
-- Jeremiah (on behalf of the Airflow team)