airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running a task from the Airflow UI
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:18:16 GMT
Ideally the CLI and WebUI should both access an API that handles authentication and authorization.
This would resolve both issues. However, the UI already allows for authentication and to a
lesser extent authorization. Thus allowing this from the UI (which we already do for Celery)
is not a big change.

- Bolke

> Op 7 jul. 2016, om 11:01 heeft Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.null@gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

> Sounds good, but on the other hand I'm with Maxime. Given that the task can be triggered
per CLI, the functionality is available but needs a local login. When the "run" button now
would be available for everyone who has access to the UI, I can imagine that would cause some
serious load issues in a production environment, especially with SLA based workflow setups.

> On the other hand, when the "run" button with a local executor would queue the task in
a control queue (like "external triggered") a admin could finally mark them as "approved".