airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Gurer Kiratli <gurer.kira...@airbnb.com.INVALID>
Subject July 2016 Podling Report -- Draft
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 13:16:37 GMT
Hi folks,

As promised, please see a draft for the July 2016 Podling report. Please
provide your feedback as soon as possible as this is due by the end of day
Wednesday July 6th.

Cheers,

Gurer

   - *Project Name:* Airflow
   - *Project Description:* Airflow is a workflow automation and scheduling
   system that can be used to author and manage data pipelines. Airflow has
   been incubating since 2016-03-31.
   - *3 Issues to address before graduation:*
      - An end to end testing framework for the whole community.
      - The last and the only released was mostly managed by committers
      from Airbnb, we need to have a joint release.
      - Improve and extend documentation.
   - *Issues that Incubator PMC or ASF Board need to know:*
      - We had to revert the latest release couple times due to some buggy
      code. This created a concern about lack of testing, review and
      coordination. We are working on addressing these via cooperation
guidelines
      and principles.
   - *How has the community developed since the last report?:*
      - Since our last podling report 1 month ago, we grew our contributors
      from 148 to 160.
      - In June 2016 we had 56 commits.
      - We organized a meet up at WePay. We also had one before at Airbnb.
      - We had several[how many??] committers meetings.
      - 1 new committer. 2 offers were given but 1 was declined.
   - *How has the project developed since the last report.*
      - We had a release on [exact date]!