airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Projects using GitHub issues
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 16:48:26 GMT
Awesome! Somehow consistent and well integrated tools make quite a
difference.

For first time or casual contributors it's annoying to create a JIRA
account to create a single issue to get an ID to paste into the GH PR, then
it can be unclear where to have the discussion. I hate to have to
walkthrough teammates (new contributors) through this process.

I understand why Gnu doesn't like GH, I get it, it's the philosophical
principle at the root of Gnu that is incompatible with GH. But Apache
choosing Atlassian is probably because that was the best option 5 or 10
years ago. Consistency across Apache projects is great, but consistency
with the open source movement is more important to me.

Max