airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PEP8, Linting and Code Smells
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 00:03:59 GMT
This is definitely useful! I'd love to get in the 95%+ range. We may also
ease some of the rules eventually (it's easy to control in .landscape.yml)
but raw PEP8 is fine by me, though I allowed for up to 90 char per line, so
that we can use judgment there.

Maybe the best approach is to start with "errors" where the solutions are
clear, and then proceed by a rule centric approach
<https://landscape.io/github/apache/incubator-airflow/431/messages>, it
makes the PRs easier to review. PRs with maybe 50 to 200 line edits seem
reasonable.

All you need is a great soundtrack. I find doing that kind of mindless
repetitive work pretty enjoyable and relaxing.

Max