airflow-dev mailing list archives

From diwakar bhardwaj <bhardwajdiwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding first steps
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:35:37 GMT
I am a newbie in airflow but looks like airflow would be a perfect choice
for workflow management needs for my organization. I have been through the
documentation but still have some questions about it. It would be really
great, if I can get any tutorial/links that can help me answer these
questions.

   1. How to integrate with git packages, I've read that we can have a git
   project of the dag directory. Are there any other scheme through which we
   can integrate git with airflow ?
   2. Right now most of my data sources are available through web api's,
   hence I would need an operator that'll fetch a single row of data through a
   REST call and after processing it puts it into MySQL. Should I make a
   separate operator for this whole operation ? or, should I use HTTPOperator
   and MySQLOperator communicating with XCom ?
   3. If I go ahead with making a separate operator, can I plug in a
   non-python executable to do this job ?
   4. Can we trigger a DAG from web interface ?

--
Ciao
Diwakar