airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Projects using GitHub issues
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:25:55 GMT
You can edit your own pr titles just fine I think? I do it all the time at least.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 jun. 2016, at 18:09, Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauchemin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Somewhat related: Jira is down at the moment
>
> I'm ready to send a PR just now and knowing that I can't create the JIRA issue, I can't
get an ID for it. And I know I won't be able to edit the title of my GH PR later since I don't
have admin rights in GH. Checkmate.

> -----------------
>

> ‚Äč
>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauchemin@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Awesome! Somehow consistent and well integrated tools make quite a difference.
>>
>> For first time or casual contributors it's annoying to create a JIRA account to create
a single issue to get an ID to paste into the GH PR, then it can be unclear where to have
the discussion. I hate to have to walkthrough teammates (new contributors) through this process.

>> I understand why Gnu doesn't like GH, I get it, it's the philosophical principle
at the root of Gnu that is incompatible with GH. But Apache choosing Atlassian is probably
because that was the best option 5 or 10 years ago. Consistency across Apache projects is
great, but consistency with the open source movement is more important to me.