airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Anand <san...@apache.org>
Subject Voting Changes for Scheduler-related PRs/Commits
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 19:58:06 GMT
Hi Folks!As many of you know, Apache Airflow (incubating) came from Airbnb, where it currently
still represents the largest Airflow deployment. Airflow entered the Apache Incubator shortly
over a month ago but still depends on Airbnb's production deployment to vet its release candidates.
As Airflow's adoption increases, we expect to leverage multiple companies in conjunction with
Apache Infra resources to vet some of the more performance critical pieces of the code base
(e.g. scheduler). We're not there yet.
So, for future commits and PRs involving the scheduler (and possibly other components, e.g.
executors), I propose a 2 vote system : at least 1 vote from an Airbnb committer and at least
1 vote from a non-Airbnb committer, separate from the PR author. This will more readily stabilize
the Airbnb production system that we rely on to vet and cut releases, speeding up our release
cycle.
Please share your thoughts on the matter along with a vote for/against.
-s