airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <machr...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: CLI tool to export Application Catalog information
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 14:06:19 GMT
Shubham,

When importing and you call registerApplicationModule, it returns the module id. Does that
help?

Also you asked about computeHostId on Hipchat. I think computeHostId should be translated
to the compute hostname when exporting because different Airavata instances will have different
ids for the same compute host. You can use getAllComputeResourceNames to map from computeHostId
to compute hostname when doing the export and you can use the same to do the reverse mapping
on import.

In general I don’t think we want any internal Airavata ids in the export JSON descriptor
files since they will be unique to each Airavata instance.  However, this does raise the issue
of how can you tell if an application has already been imported?  Perhaps there could be a
check where when importing the CLI tool queries to see if an application module with the same
name already exists and prompt the user whether to proceed or not. A more difficult problem
here will be how to update an imported application, but we can tackle that later.

Thanks,

Marcus

On Nov 14, 2017, at 6:53 PM, Shubham Kumar <shukumar@umail.iu.edu<mailto:shukumar@umail.iu.edu>>