airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sneha Tilak <sneha.tila...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status Update - Group Management UI for the Sharing Service
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:34:42 GMT
Hello dev,

In order to deploy the Django portal on your local system and test it, you
will have to clone the above GitHub repository on your local machines and
run a few simple steps. But make sure that you have Python 3+ installed.
Once you have cloned the repository, you need to perform the following
steps (you might want to have sudo or root access for some of these) -

   1. Copy settings_local.py file to the django_airavata folder
   2. python -m venv ENV
   3. source ENV/bin/activate
   4. pip install -r requirements.txt
   5. python manage.py migrate
   6. python manage.py runserver
   7. Test on localhost:8000/

You will also need an user account on dev.seagrid.org to start with.

Attaching the settings_local.py file

Regards,
Sneha Tilak