airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sneha Tilak <sneha.tila...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Airavata's Sharing Service
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 17:34:13 GMT
Hi dev,

A new feature that we are working on with the future release of Airavata is
its sharing service - the ability of a user to create groups within the
gateway in order to share their experiments and projects. This is the work
proposed in Supun's paper that was presented at the PEARC17 conference
earlier this month. The current status is that the back-end work for
managing groups within gateways is done. We need to introduce an interface
for users and admins to create and manage the groups through the Airavata
PGA.

We need to start by including management of user level groups and then
eventually move on to domain level groups. The methods would basically
include - create group, update group, check if group exists, get group by
group ID with inclusion of more methods which retrieve user groups based o
some search criteria. The combination of group ID and domain ID while group
creation acts as primary key.

Let us know if anyone has any specific concerns or suggestions for the
sharing service.

Regards,
*Sneha Tilak*