airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sneha Tilak <sneha.tila...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing Service - Group Management
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 20:37:09 GMT
Hi dev,

After meeting with Marcus and Supun, the following was decided:

1. A new UI (Django) with Python controllers to the backend.
2. Refer to Grouper APIs and UI for reference (but improvise on the UI as
Grouper is very boring).
3. Implement group management with basic functionalities such as add, view,
modify, etc.
4. Consider only flat groups for now (we can move on to nested groups
eventually).
5. The UI will directly call the sharing registry service of Airavata.
6. Once the functionality is implemented, we can move on to authorization
and other security aspects.

There are two use cases to be considered:

1. User, once logged in, can view the groups they are the owner of (with
view and edit options) and the groups they are a member of (with view and
leave group options) and they can also create a group after which they can
add users to the group (similar to the sharing feature for experiments in
PGA).
2. Admin, once logged in, can perform similar operations (like the User)
and also some additional operations like creating an interface, etc.

I have decided to start with Django and understand the UI implementation
for Internet2 Grouper.

Let me know if anyone has any concerns or suggestions regarding the above.

Regards,
*Sneha Tilak*