airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_pal...@aol.com>
Subject Implementation of JPA
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:03:03 GMT
Dear Dev,

I'm currently developing the code for the registry to be used for the monitoring system in
Airavata. I'm looking at the pros/cons of each JPA implementation and was wondering if anyone
has any recommendations. I'm choosing between Hibernate, OpenJPA, and EclipseLink. I understand
Hibernate is the most mature, widely used technology. I was trying to determine Hibernate's
cons. Does anybody have previous knowledge about Hibernate ? My use case for the database(most
likely MySQL DB) is to read/write/store data about experiment ID, name, and statuses.

Thanks,

A. Palkar

--shoutout marcus