airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <machr...@iu.edu>
Subject Using Docker images to run Thrift
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:02:10 GMT
Dev,

After running into difficulties getting Thrift to build on my laptop I started exploring the
possibility of using Docker images to run Thrift.  I’ve created a pull request of my changes
here: https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/112

One question: I opted to just switch the scripts to using Docker, but I thought perhaps that
could be a command line flag whether to use Docker or not.  My hope is that using Docker images
to run Thrift will be a lot more convenient than requiring developers to install Thrift.

Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Marcus