airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Thrift 0.10
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 14:23:33 GMT
I tested a thrift 0.10 server with 0.9.3 clients of Java, Python, and PHP and did not encounter
any issues. I will move forward and make this change and see if there are further issues my
simple test did not uncover.

Suresh

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:38 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks Anuj for raising these. Its important to have backward compatibility with older
clients I will first try them before committing my changes.

> Suresh
>
>> On Jun 7, 2017, at 2:33 PM, Anuj Bhandar <bhandar.anuj@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I tried working with Thrift 0.10, but was facing difficulties with backward compatibility
with stubs generated from Thrift 0.93 and vice-versa. We have to make sure this is not a problem
before we make a decision.

>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Anuj Bhandar
>>
>> On 6/7/17 7:41 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Thrift 0.10 has been stable. I will change the develop branch to do this upgrade.
Please suggest if you see any concerns with this upgrade. The key motivation is to leverage
Python 3 support in thrift 0.10.