airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject Re: XML tips
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 16:53:46 GMT
Hi Apoorv,

If you’re trying to construct an XML for the maven project, then I would recommend letting
the IDE (IntelliJ/Eclipse) do it for you. In IntelliJ, if you create a new maven module (which
is similar to creating a java project in Eclipse), you get a default "pom.xml" file generated.
In Eclipse, you will  need to Right Click the Java Project -> Configure -> Convert to
Maven Project to get the pom.xml created. Either ways, once the pom.xml is created, you can
then refer to any of our existing Airavata modules for reference on how to add dependencies
(which is typically a <dependency> block).

If you need to know a <dependency> tag for a particular library you are using, the best
way is to Google "<library-name> mvn dependency", which will give you a link to mvnrepository.com
 which will then contain the required <dependency> tag for that library. Let me know
if you need any help with maven.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Shenoy

From: Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_palkar@aol.com>
Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 at 10:51 AM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org" <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: XML tips

Hey Dev,

I've completed my spouts/bolts for the Storm demo of the distributed workflow manager. I'm
now putting together the pieces ( ie creating the mavin project, editing the xml, adding dependencies,
getting config file to work.) Is anybody very familiar with XML? If so, what resources should
I use?

Thanks