airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Docker images to run Thrift
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:26:18 GMT
+ 1 for docker support and also for having an option to use native thrift install.

Suresh

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:24 PM, Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh <goshenoy@indiana.edu> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Gourav Shenoy
>
> From: "Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V" <spamidig@illinois.edu>
> Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 3:15 PM
> To: "dev@airavata.apache.org" <dev@airavata.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Using Docker images to run Thrift
>
> +1 any thing to reduce manual installation and corresponding issues would be welcome.
There should be testing to ensure this went through correctly and suggest practical ways to
correct any shortcomings.

> Thanks,
> Sudhakar.
> On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:02 PM, Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu <mailto:machrist@iu.edu>>
wrote:

> Dev,
>
> After running into difficulties getting Thrift to build on my laptop I started exploring
the possibility of using Docker images to run Thrift.  I’ve created a pull request of my
changes here: https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/112 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_airavata_pull_112&d=DwMGaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=7_-LbDwTKOoIiO4P4OLfUTX6lSdjys9jh2AJ7sBl9ag&m=2u3SpBBzjyn7NN3G8d1tazbJep7C0rLOgsaCHKGU1j4&s=NIpbBLcoj9X2sSFvuDacfVxOI6NZhHcKFWD0AAf7Nqo&e=>

> One question: I opted to just switch the scripts to using Docker, but I thought perhaps
that could be a command line flag whether to use Docker or not.  My hope is that using Docker
images to run Thrift will be a lot more convenient than requiring developers to install Thrift.