airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Thrift 0.10
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:38:48 GMT
Thanks Anuj for raising these. Its important to have backward compatibility with older clients
I will first try them before committing my changes.

Suresh

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 2:33 PM, Anuj Bhandar <bhandar.anuj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tried working with Thrift 0.10, but was facing difficulties with backward compatibility
with stubs generated from Thrift 0.93 and vice-versa. We have to make sure this is not a problem
before we make a decision.

> Thanks and best regards,
> Anuj Bhandar
>
> On 6/7/17 7:41 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thrift 0.10 has been stable. I will change the develop branch to do this upgrade.
Please suggest if you see any concerns with this upgrade. The key motivation is to leverage
Python 3 support in thrift 0.10.