airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC] [Beginer] Git Pull open source version
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:09:04 GMT
Hi All,

We still need this capability. Any volunteers?

Suresh

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 3:59 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> GSoC Aspirants,
>
> If you are looking for a small project to start out with, here is an idea:
>
> For Airavata PHP Gateway[1] we customize the look and feel in portal themes. These themes
have to be deployed dynamically on triggering a commit. This is a general problem, when you
push to GitHub how can you update a hosted deployment of the code by pulling git pull.

> If you search around you will see quite a few alternatives. I found one project git pull
[2] interesting. Basically you have to add a GitHub web hook [3] listener and when you receive
a trigger, ssh to a remote machine and run “git pull”. I tried this service but it does
not work well when there are local changes and so forth. When you search, you will find good
alternative approaches.