airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_pal...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Using Docker images to run Thrift
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 20:47:23 GMT
+1, IDK what thrift and/or docker are(gourav explained me), shoutout marcus for being smart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu>
To: dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, Jun 7, 2017 3:02 pm
Subject: Using Docker images to run Thrift

Dev,

After running into difficulties getting Thrift to build on my laptop I started exploring the
possibility of using Docker images to run Thrift.  I’ve created a pull request of my changes
here: https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/112

One question: I opted to just switch the scripts to using Docker, but I thought perhaps that
could be a command line flag whether to use Docker or not.  My hope is that using Docker images
to run Thrift will be a lot more convenient than requiring developers to install Thrift.

Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Marcus