airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mayank Jaglan"<mjag...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject [#Spring17-Airavata-Courses] : Setting up an automated production like local development environment (part-2)
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 14:15:04 GMT
Hello Dev,

In my previous post I talked about my attempt on building isolated and repeatable production
like development environments on local machine using vagrant and docker.

As a follow up discussion, here I want to discuss about ease of Integration of Docker and
Vagrant tools with popular IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.

I have somewhat explored capabilities of Docker and Vagrant in that how well it integrates
with an IDE. It should allow developer to edit code, compile, deploy locally, test, and debug
the system.

This work is posted on my blog - https://mjaglan.github.io/docs/docker-and-vagrant-with-IDE.html

And I am looking for some feedback in that what could be better approaches for development
if we work with application containers like docker. And do we really need vagrant tooling
with docker, if our production servers are linux servers.

Best,
Mayank