airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <machr...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 14:30:04 GMT
Bhargava,

+1 for a pip package although I think we’ll need to think carefully when choosing a name
for the package. ‘airavata’ is far too general.  Maybe ‘airavata-pga-installer’?

Thanks,

Marcus

> On May 20, 2017, at 11:46 PM, Bhargava Vadlamani <bharvadl@umail.iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have written a python script to install dependencies and PGA on Mac Systems.However,
I would like to extend the script to install the same on ubuntu systems.Since I have placed
all the necessary configurations (like apache server configs, php, mcrypt, pga, mysql) in
a resources.xml file, I believe that a simple extension for the xml file would do the job
in ubuntu systems as well where systems choose ubuntu related configurations and commands.

> Added, I am planning to write a pip package which would say something like “pip install
airavata” for installation in Ubuntu and Mac OS X systems.The reason to choose pip was to
make it more generalized and platform independent over homebrew.