airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <machr...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] enables writes to Airavata GitHub mirror
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 18:27:33 GMT

On May 23, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:

Yes and No. From a git (rather git pubsub) perspective yes both the repos allow writes and
they synchronize with post commit hooks. But we should avoid writing to both since there could
be code conflicts and the commits (reactionary to hooks) could fail which will need manual
intervention to clear the clutter. So its better to pick one repo as the primary write and
the other one only when primary one is unavailable.

Can we turn off writes to the apache repo so that it’s not possible for there to be conflicts?

Thanks,

Marcus