airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Bhargava Vadlamani <bharv...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 22:26:21 GMT
Hello,

The code repo is located in the repository https://github.com/coderfender/Apache_Airavata_Installer
<https://github.com/coderfender/Apache_Airavata_Installer> .The current script works
well in my Mac OS Sierra.I am having some issues in booting Ubuntu into my Virtual Box VM
and once I fix them ,I will make the necessary changes to the script for Ubuntu support.I
believe I should do some minor code changes , refactoring and  documentation/comments for
the code to be clear, self explanatory and stable which I am planning to do finish by the
early next week.

Thank you

Bhargava Vadlamani

> On May 22, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Bhargava,
>
> Can you point to the code? We very much would like to see you “commit early and commit
often” thats a better way to engage with the community.

> Suresh
>
>> On May 22, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Bhargava Vadlamani <bharvadl@umail.iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you for the great interest shown in this regard.I will write a tech spec and
share the document with you by the end of 23rd,the Tuesday.

>> @Randy, Is it okay if I first develop the package for Mac Users so that you can start
testing and contribute valuable comments over the same while I work on Linux automation?

>> @Marcus, I will try to get hold of some possible names for the package.Can we go
with the name airavata-pga-install for the dev purposes?I believe once we have a approved
version, we can be more precise and try to figure out a name for the package which can be
shared to the community.Please let me know your comments over this.

>> Thank you
>>
>> Bhargava Vadlamani
>>

>>> On May 22, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Heiland, Randy <heiland@iu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Happy to be an additional tester for the pip pkg when it’s ready.
>>>
>>> -Randy

choosing a name for the package. ‘airavata’ is far too general.  Maybe ‘airavata-pga-installer’?

Systems.However, I would like to extend the script to install the same on ubuntu systems.Since
I have placed all the necessary configurations (like apache server configs, php, mcrypt, pga,
mysql) in a resources.xml file, I believe that a simple extension for the xml file would do
the job in ubuntu systems as well where systems choose ubuntu related configurations and commands.

like “pip install airavata” for installation in Ubuntu and Mac OS X systems.The reason
to choose pip was to make it more generalized and platform independent over homebrew.