airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Bhargava Vadlamani <bharv...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 15:58:05 GMT
Hello,

Thank you for the great interest shown in this regard.I will write a tech spec and share the
document with you by the end of 23rd,the Tuesday.

@Randy, Is it okay if I first develop the package for Mac Users so that you can start testing
and contribute valuable comments over the same while I work on Linux automation?

@Marcus, I will try to get hold of some possible names for the package.Can we go with the
name airavata-pga-install for the dev purposes?I believe once we have a approved version,
we can be more precise and try to figure out a name for the package which can be shared to
the community.Please let me know your comments over this.

Thank you

Bhargava Vadlamani

> On May 22, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Heiland, Randy <heiland@iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Happy to be an additional tester for the pip pkg when it’s ready.
>
> -Randy
>
>> On May 22, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Bhargava,
>>
>> +1 for a pip package although I think we’ll need to think carefully when choosing
a name for the package. ‘airavata’ is far too general.  Maybe ‘airavata-pga-installer’?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>>> On May 20, 2017, at 11:46 PM, Bhargava Vadlamani <bharvadl@umail.iu.edu>
wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have written a python script to install dependencies and PGA on Mac Systems.However,
I would like to extend the script to install the same on ubuntu systems.Since I have placed
all the necessary configurations (like apache server configs, php, mcrypt, pga, mysql) in
a resources.xml file, I believe that a simple extension for the xml file would do the job
in ubuntu systems as well where systems choose ubuntu related configurations and commands.

>>> Added, I am planning to write a pip package which would say something like “pip
install airavata” for installation in Ubuntu and Mac OS X systems.The reason to choose pip
was to make it more generalized and platform independent over homebrew.