airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata 0.17 Release planning
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:59:31 GMT
@ Shameera, Yes makes sense to me.

Hi All,

With Shameera’s suggestion, this is the modified timeline:

* Merge develop to master (end of day today)

* Test the master and prepare for release.

* Target wednesday for RC1 - branch master to 0.17-release-branch

* Merge any changes during release preparation to both develop and master

* If any further changes happen to 0.17-release-branch we need to make sure they are merged
to develop as well.

Suresh

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> I would say don't freeze develop, let it go forward instead freeze the master and only
apply bug fixes. This bug fixes must go to both develop and master branches.

> rest of the plan looks good to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We really need to get this release out. I will start working on it. Please input any
suggestions/blocker on this time line:

> * Merge develop to master (end of day today) and freeze develop
>
> * Test the master and prepare for release.
>
> * Target wednesday for RC1 - branch master to 0.17-release-branch
>
> * Merge any changes from master (during release preparation) to develop. Open develop
for 0.18 development.

> * If any further changes happen to 0.17-release-branch we need to make sure they are
merged to develop as well.

> Thoughts, objections?
>
> Suresh
>
> > On Jan 6, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Looks like we have significant progress since Airavata 0.16 release in late July
2016. I can volunteer to be the release manager for 0.17. Can we do a feature freeze and start
merging develop to master branch and work on a release?