airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sneha Tilak <sneha.tila...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC Proposal
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2017 22:39:13 GMT
Hello dev,

I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code '17. The
proposal below is what I would like to work on -

Title: Database Versioning in Apache Airavata.

Problem Statement: Considering Airavata, which has multiple developers
contributing to the project, there is bound to be a situation where the
databases and the data stored in it are not synchronized. Even with a
single instance, it takes a significant amount of time to make sure that
the changes are in sync when more than one developer works on it. The goal
of this project is to introduce versioning of databases (schema and data)
when merging a developed branch to the master branch before deploying the
revision.

I would love to hear your suggestions regarding the same.

Regards,
Sneha Tilak