airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata 0.17 Release planning
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 17:22:02 GMT
Hi All,

I merged PGA and Airavata develop with master. Will work on release now.

Suresh

http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/ <http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/>

> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu <mailto:machrist@iu.edu>>
wrote:
> I agree with Shameera. But I also have a question: what is the role of the release branch?
 Is it to be a long lived branch post release for bug fixes for that release, or is it a temporary
branch for bug fixes for this release?

> Thanks,
>
> Marcus
>

>> On Apr 3, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com <mailto:shameerainfo@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Suresh,
>>
>> I would say don't freeze develop, let it go forward instead freeze the master and
only apply bug fixes. This bug fixes must go to both develop and master branches.

>> rest of the plan looks good to me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shameera.
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We really need to get this release out. I will start working on it. Please input
any suggestions/blocker on this time line:

>> * Merge develop to master (end of day today) and freeze develop
>>
>> * Test the master and prepare for release.
>>
>> * Target wednesday for RC1 - branch master to 0.17-release-branch
>>
>> * Merge any changes from master (during release preparation) to develop. Open develop
for 0.18 development.

>> * If any further changes happen to 0.17-release-branch we need to make sure they
are merged to develop as well.

>> Thoughts, objections?
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> > On Jan 6, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Looks like we have significant progress since Airavata 0.16 release in late
July 2016. I can volunteer to be the release manager for 0.17. Can we do a feature freeze
and start merging develop to master branch and work on a release?