airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC Proposal
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:42:42 GMT
Hi Sneha,

Here are some database schema’s which should get you a sense of the catalog’s - https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/modules/registry/registry-core/src/main/resources
<https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/modules/registry/registry-core/src/main/resources>

For the proposal, you can propose how you generally want to approach the problem and factor
in time for learning Airavata specific schemas.

Suresh

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 12:46 AM, Sneha Tilak <sneha.tilak26@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh, dev
>
> Thank you for the links. I went through the threads. I will look into the Liquibase approach
that Anuj suggested.
> I would like to know more about the Airavata database schema in order to propose a confined
solution. Is there any place where I can look it, Anuj?

> Regards,
> Sneha Tilak
>

> Regards,
> Sneha Tilak
>
> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 11:51 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org <mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi Sneha,
>
> This is an open problem for Airavata and we will be interested in what you plan to propose.
Here are some threads on this topic:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-2291 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-2291>
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@airavata.apache.org/msg11325.html <http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@airavata.apache.org/msg11325.html>
>
> Anuj mentioned he attached some ER diagrams of database schemas, you may want to search
for them in JIRA. Anuj?

> Let us know if you have specific questions.
>
> Suresh
>
>> On Apr 1, 2017, at 6:39 PM, Sneha Tilak <sneha.tilak26@gmail.com <mailto:sneha.tilak26@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hello dev,
>>
>> I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code '17. The proposal below
is what I would like to work on -

>> Title: Database Versioning in Apache Airavata.
>>
>> Problem Statement: Considering Airavata, which has multiple developers contributing
to the project, there is bound to be a situation where the databases and the data stored in
it are not synchronized. Even with a single instance, it takes a significant amount of time
to make sure that the changes are in sync when more than one developer works on it. The goal
of this project is to introduce versioning of databases (schema and data) when merging a developed
branch to the master branch before deploying the revision.