airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_pal...@aol.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Due Date
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 22:45:47 GMT
Ok so 1 particular issue I have is adding additional solutions. I am familiar with the solution/improvements
posted currently. In addition to take Gourav's advice, I have started exploring the use of
new technology such as Kafka, akka, cassandra, mongodb, and kubernetes. I have a preliminary
model, but I'm still working out the details in full. Should I include this as part of the
GSoC? There is a very good chance I may end up implementing these technologies, but they are
not mentioned in detail in my GSoC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Sent: Sun, Apr 2, 2017 5:31 pm
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Due Date

On Apr 2, 2017, at 6:22 PM, Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_palkar@aol.com> wrote:

Also who else should we ask for input about our proposal? How do we know its adequate for
GSoC standards in terms of explanation, diagrams, etc?

You will know if its adequate or otherwise based on your acceptance on May 4th :)

You are asking in the right place (dev list). The application should be clear in terms of
your goals and how you plan to accomplish. Diagrams and other explanations help but are not
required. At this point, I suggest you make sure to catch up with this thread and double check
if you addressed any issues raised in this discussion - http://markmail.org/thread/wfbvewfb6gmlsgmf

Gourav recently posted a possible proposal ideas, so you may want to sync up with him (on
this list).

Irrespective of the feedback you should make sure to submit the application well before the
deadline. Neither we nor google cannot do anything beyond 12 pm Eastern Time tomorrow (April
3rd).

Suresh