airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Anuj Bhandar <bhandar.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC Proposal
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 18:17:54 GMT
Hello Sneha,

Here are the Airavata ER Diagram you have been looking for :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-2098

I appreciate that you have been looking at these to come up with better
solution, here are some of the main problem as stated by Suresh during
the Adv Science Gateway class:

  * How will be the branching strategy considering there are different
    versions of DB schema in most of the branches, Can Liquibase have a
    central repository to store DB changes, just like github.com is for GIT
  * How well the LiquiBase directly bolts on to ORM layers like
    Hibernate and Open JPA to capture changes in database
  * Though you have already explained this bit in the class, But how
    will the Liquibase handle Code merges from different branches, for
    example : There are two branches, master and develop, both will have
    there own version of changelog file, what happens when we merge
    these two branches.
  * Does Liquibase has good support for Maven integration ?

Thanks and best regards,
Anuj Bhandar