airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mayank Jaglan"<mjag...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject [#Spring17-Airavata-Courses] Infra-As-Code: Setting up a development environment
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:42:22 GMT
Hi.

I am interested in writing scripts for setting up isolated and repeatable development environment.

For this I read about several implementation approaches -

1> Writing Ansible scripts which can configure a VM and run docker containers

2> Writing Vagrant Scripts with docker as provider.

I find later option to be quicker to implement. Over all it is a lightweight task. An example
implementation is present on "github.com/airavata-courses/spring17-devops" repository under
"feature-iac-dev-env" branch at "infrastructure/api-server/terraform/dev-env location."

Direct Link:  https://github.com/airavata-courses/spring17-devops/tree/feature-iac-dev-env/infrastructure/api-server/terraform/dev-env

I am looking for review of this implementation so it can be improved further to fit general
use cases. Also, if the former approach is more recommended, please feel free to write suggestions.

Best,
Mayank