airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Ameya Advankar <aadva...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Web-based user interface for Group Management
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 19:11:04 GMT
Hello dev,

Based on this Discussion
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/89eb681abea8f23e60149126747194f5e6ed88a624ebc42d353307b4@%3Cdev.airavata.apache.org%3E>
initiated by Eldho, there is a requirement for a Web-based UI for Group
Management which could be integrated into the PGA (web portal).
I and Eldho had a discussion on this topic and below is the high level
Architecture of what we propose to implement -

[image: Inline image 2]

   - PHP

The sharing registry is exposed as a Thrift service and we would be using
the PHP layer to make these endpoints available as-is over REST to be
consumed by the UI.

   - jQuery

We would be using jQuery based UI to make calls to the REST interface
exposed in the PHP layer. At the moment, we have decided to keep the UI
separate from the PHP layer, and these will only interact over REST calls,
to make it easy to plug the UI into other non-PHP Web Portals later.

Ameya Advankar
Masters in Computer Science,
Indiana University Bloomington