airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Nakandala <supun.nakand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribute to Group management in Airavata
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 02:36:24 GMT
Hi Eldho,

Currently, the group management aspects are used in the sharing catalog
<https://gw54.iu.xsede.org/sharing-api-docs/>. But going forward, I think
there will be more use cases for Groups in Airavata.

The sharing catalog provides APIs to create and manage groups. These are
thrift services and you can try to understand them by reading the code
<https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/develop/modules/sharing-registry> or
the above short document.

At the moment one of the major requirement that we have is the lack of
web-based user interfaces to manage groups which can be integrated with the
PGA (Web Portal). I think this would be a good starting point for you.

Best,
Supun

--
Thank you