airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: List of Devops Scripts for Apache Airavata
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 18:37:16 GMT
Thanks Gourav for starting this discussion.

Do we need a separate DevOps repo or should we have the packing and deployment scripts as
part of individual repositories?

Suresh

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh <goshenoy@indiana.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I wanted to start a thread to track efforts made towards writing devops scrips (including
Ansible/Terraform) for Apache Airavata. Currently these scripts seem to reside in more than
a few places. This can naturally lead to redundancy, and therefore it would be helpful if
we can have a list of these existing scripts along with their purpose.

> Let me start – I have worked with Shameera in writing cloud provisioning and Mesos/Marathon
cluster deployment scripts in Ansible. Here are the details:

> Script location
> Branch
> Purpose of Script
> modules/cloud/ansible-playbooks
> develop
> 1. Provisions instances on EC2 and OpenStack (Jetstream)
> 2. Deploys a Mesos/Marathon cluster on the provisioned instances
>

> Anyone who is working/has worked on any devops scripts, please add to the above table.
This will make sure we have a central list of existing contributions and avoid duplication
in efforts.