airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject [GSoC] Proposal Topics
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 00:51:48 GMT
Hello dev,

I am interested in participating for GSoC this season. There are a couple of topics in my
mind which could be good proposals.

1.       Distributed Task Execution (Workload Management) for Apache Airavata

·         Apoorv has already shown interest in this, and has a fair idea of the problem.

·         I have been working on building a prototype to solve this problem, as part of Science
Gateways course [see: https://goo.gl/CZcIIn]

·         There are other possible approach(s), like using Akka, Cassandra, Kafka [see: https://youtu.be/s3GfXTnzG_Y]

2.       Workflow Editor/Builder for Apache Airavata

·         Ajinkya had started on this topic, and I can use his inputs.

·         The idea is to allow modelling multiple Airavata job submissions into a workflow,
using tools such as CWL (Common Workflow Language).

·         In addition, to integrate a workflow editor UI with the processing logic, and manage
dependencies (whether 2 jobs can be run in parallel v/s waiting for one to complete since
it depends on output of another).

I would love to hear from you all on any suggestions, inclusions to make.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Shenoy