airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_pal...@aol.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Number of Deliverables
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 22:05:55 GMT
If you promise to do things a certain way, but you find a better solution when actually working
the project, can you implement new ideas and scrap old ones?

-----Original Message-----
From: Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com>
To: dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, Mar 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Number of Deliverables

Hi Apoorv,

As a sample project proposal, I would recommend you to refer this.

>From my experiences as a past GSoC student, I think having specific and challenging goals
should make your proposal more attractive and increase the chances of getting accepted.

However trying to come up with a set of goals which you think is overly unrealistic will also
hinder your success later because you will be judged based on what you promise(proposal).
It is completely ok to not being able to achieve what you promise. But you will have to prove
that you put significant effort in achieving your goals (which can get tricky).

-Supun

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Apoorv Palkar <apoorv_palkar@aol.com> wrote:

How many goals should we aim to put in our proposal? Is it better to put in small goals and
over-deliver?

Thanks

--

Thank you