airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Coulter <jecou...@iu.edu>
Subject Fwd: Re: Improving the PGA Install
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:34:51 GMT
Meant to sent this to dev as well... updates on my scripts for the PGA
follow!

Thanks, Shameera!

1. I did mean only the PGA for now. Thanks for the link; I've got a
version up extended for Ubuntu at [1]. *Please take a look/test if
you've got a chance!*
It was fairly straightforward to add support for Debian; the main
trip-up was dealing with the differences in http daemon config, but
separation of tasks/includes/templates was easy using ansible_os_family
as a key for the right filename/variables (added dictionary in
roles/pga/vars/main.tml based on OS).

3. I might get to take a look at this; I'll have to check out what
Marcus has done and some past discussions on problems with
PGA-as-container. I just mentioned puppet/chef as possible alternatives,
but I am definitely on board with Ansible.

As far as production/dev goes, at least for Ansible (where the main
difference should just be the hosts involved), it would be fairly easy
to re-structure the inventory/variable setup in the root playbook
directory, something like in [2].

[1] https://github.com/ECoulter/airavata/tree/pga_update/dev-tools/ansible

[2]
http://www.geedew.com/setting-up-ansible-for-multiple-environment-deployments/