airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <machr...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Improving the PGA Install
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:20:52 GMT
Eric,

It’s great to have you working on this.

I’m not sure if this really impacts the decision making process much, but I had a thought.
One need I have for an improved installation process for PGA is to use that as a much easier
to use local development environment. However, the needs for a local development environment
vs a deployed production instance of an application are somewhat different. For example, if
I were using Docker for local development I would want to map my local filesystem into the
Docker instance so that code changes I make are reflected in the app running in Docker.  But
that sort of filesystem mounting wouldn’t be needed when running in production.

If we end up with a Docker configuration for development and one for production app deployments,
it would be good if they could share as much configuration as possible.

Also, just to be clear, I’m just using Docker as an example above to illustrate the point.

Thanks,

Marcus

On Jan 5, 2017, at 2:22 PM, Eric Coulter <coulter.je@gmail.com<mailto:coulter.je@gmail.com>>