airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Mesos GPU Support
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 04:27:42 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying some tensor flow tutorials and seem to have gone on a wrong tangent. Can any of
the Mesos hackers on this list help with get me get back on track?

I want run through benchmarks in [1] on mac with a GT 650M card. I got the bundled example
working but stuck in getting the tensor flow cnn tutorial example [2] working natively on
my mac. I tried to deploy the mesos first so I could try to run tensor flow from Marathon
as described in [3]. Have any of you managed to get Mesos working on a Mac? If so, can you
please point me to instructions which worked for you?

I want to have Mesos recognize and use the GPU card. From [4], it looks like the latest release
should have GPU support natively within mesos. Have any one tried it? I am working through
the tutorial [5] but I am blocked since mesos on mac is not working correctly in the first
place. But this tutorial also seem to suggest to use spark to run tensor flow jobs. Any suggestions
on what is the best way to run tensor flow on gpu’s and use Mesos manage these jobs? I prefer
to do it on a mac, but if thats a bad idea, can try these steps on EC2 instead.

Thanks,
Suresh

[1] - https://github.com/soumith/convnet-benchmarks <https://github.com/soumith/convnet-benchmarks>
[2] - https://www.tensorflow.org/versions/r0.11/tutorials/deep_cnn/index.html#convolutional-neural-networks