airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject Apache Aurora Scheduler APIs (Thrift)
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 03:04:38 GMT
Hi dev,

I am working with building a Thrift client for Apache Aurora Scheduler running on a Mesos
cluster. Apparently, the Apache Aurora documentation provided very little information about
the Thrift APIs that Aurora exposed. One way to get to know what services are exposed - is
by going through the "api.thrift" file on Aurora github (https://github.com/apache/aurora/blob/master/api/src/main/thrift/org/apache/aurora/gen/api.thrift).
 Reading through that file to figure out the APIs can be daunting.

I have installed Aurora on a Mesos cluster on EC2 to carry out tests, and the UI dashboard
for Aurora provides a wide range of useful information. On the dashboard they have provided
a link "Scheduler API" which gives a comprehensive list of all Thrift services/APIs that the
Aurora scheduler exposes. I think this is very useful for anyone who plans to write a client.

I have taken a dump of this html and loaded it on S3: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/apache-aurora/thrift_module_api.htm
for reference.

Snapshot:
[cid:image001.png@01D2266F.547FE960]