airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Docker with Airavata
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 03:37:00 GMT
Hi Colin,

You are right, I haven't added ec2 provisioning part to above ansible
plays. Actually, I already started to test ansible ec2 provisioning, I am
quite impressed with how easy it is, I use local ansible play to start ec2
instances instead of going through all AWS UI hassle :). As you mentioned
in your chart, I am playing with ansible features to see how I can make it
easy to change and use ec2 instances on the go. As of now I run one play to
provision ec2 instances, change inventory file and another play to set up
airavata on those instances. I think we can do all these things in one go.
I am planning to add that to above playbook.  Another TODO item is above
ansible play only works with RedHat os family(Centos), we can improve that
to support Debian(Ubuntu) os family too. Nice to hear about Terraform I
haven't try that.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--