airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docker with Airavata
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 15:02:51 GMT
Hi Colin,

That will be a wonderful contribution. I do not think there will be one right way of using
docker instead multiple possibilities. It will be great if we can brainstorm on this thread
the possibilities and critique each other approaches and come to a consensus on what will
work better for Airavata use cases.

We will appreciate your contributions (both discussions and code) and as with everything in
apache, they will be counted as contributions.

Thanks,
Suresh

> On Sep 1, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Roy-Ehri, Colin Josef <cschoder@iu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Lahiru,
>
> Are you investigating running Airavata with docker for local testing purposes, or in
order to spin up multiple instances to handle changing loads?  I did some work with Terraform
(www.terraform.io) and spinning up multiple containers in AWS with one command.  I'd be happy
try that with Airavata, if you think it could be useful.