airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Building a Mesos (+Marthon) cluster using OpenStack Magnum
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 13:57:45 GMT
Hi Suresh,

Unfortunately, I am not able to install Magnum as I am running into some networking issues
on the host machine. More specifically, when we install Magnum (using OpenStack devstack),
it tries to modify the existing network by creating bridges & routers, and this somehow
breaks the incoming SSH connections and I get logged out. Worse, I am no longer able to SSH
back into the machine & the instance becomes unreachable.

The good news is that I am able to install OpenStack using devstack – with essentials such
as Heat, Ceilometer. Now I can try to add the Magnum as a plugin to this.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Shenoy

From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM
To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Building a Mesos (+Marthon) cluster using OpenStack Magnum

Hi Gourav,

Just reading through the user guide and the docs, this looks really elegant. If it can bring
up a Mesos cluster and Marathon within 90 seconds thats really promising. Did you happen to
check what will be latency in adding few more slaves into an existing cluster (magnum cluster-update
mycluster replace node_count=8)?

Suresh

On Sep 15, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh <goshenoy@indiana.edu<mailto:goshenoy@indiana.edu>>