airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for feedback on dependency injection pattern for Big Data Client Services with Airavata
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:15:50 GMT
Hi Abhishek,

I could not find your proposal on the wiki can you add or move it here - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/GSoC+2016
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/GSoC+2016>

It is hard to give feedback on a design pattern without having the context. Quickly looking
through your PR it is too small of a code to weigh in on the rationale. I thought your proposal
indicated you will be looking at the design patterns on Airavata as a whole. Can you submit
a PR on some other module which we can resonate? Especially since Aurora code as it stands
now forks off a local command line, I am not sure if doing a design pattern evaluation on
it will be a big appealing factor.

Suresh

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 5:26 PM, Abhishek Jain <ajain13@binghamton.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Devs,
> I have been working on adding the dependency injection pattern to integrate multiple
Java based Big Data Client Side Services. Currently, I have incorporated the Aurora Marathon
integration code which is being developed by another GSOC student, Gourav Rattihalli. This
code can be seen in my pull requests ( https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/41 <https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/41>
). Can someone review the design and please comment on it (will this work for other frameworks)?
Any pointers on other design ideas/patterns that I should explore would be greatly appreciated.